We’re commonly asked what a first-time visit to our office looks like. When you walk into Advanced Ortho for the first time, our treatment coordinator will greet and welcome you. Your appointment will typically last about an hour. We will take photographs, x-rays, and a 3D scan. Then the doctor will conduct a thorough orthodontic examination and give you an overview of available treatment options.
The purpose of the initial examination is to answer these questions:
- What concerns do you and your dentist have?
- When should you or your child begin treatment?
- What type of treatment is best?
- How long will your treatment take?
- How much will treatment cost?
Assignment of Insurance Benefits
Our practice accepts assignment of benefits from numerous insurance plans, meaning your family’s out-of-pocket expense is substantially lower. If we do not accept assignment of benefits from your plan, we will happily file claims so that you can be reimbursed directly. If there is any change in your policy prior to full payment of the insurance benefit, please contact our office immediately so adjustments may be made to your contract.
Our office is open Monday Thru Thursday 7:30 AM — 6 PM and
Friday 7:30 AM — 5 PM to accommodate busy school and work schedules.
It is our goal to see you, on time, for your appointment. We schedule appointments with your time in mind. We give enough time to complete the necessary procedure, give information about the treatment, and answer any questions you may have. In order for us to maintain a schedule that runs in a timely manner and respect the time of all of our patients, we request that patients arrive before their scheduled appointment time to avoid delays. Your cooperation and consideration with appointments is greatly appreciated by our office and our other patients.
1. What is the cost of the treatment?
The cost of treatment depends upon the complexity of the patient’s bite. The treatment coordinator will discuss fees and payment options during the initial exam. If treatment is required, we have payment plans to suit your budget and accept direct assignment from most insurance plans. We work hard to make orthodontics affordable for everyone.
2. What does my investment include?
Your investment includes:
- Orthodontic records, which consist of x-rays, study models, and a personalized growth study workup to determine the best treatment based on your needs.
- Active treatment fee for both early treatment options and complete comprehensive treatment with Suresmile braces or Invisalign. This includes all appliances, office visits, and procedures performed in the office. Our appliances are made to be durable and should last through the entire treatment period, if the patient follows instructions. If appliances require replacement due to loss, breakage, misuse, or failure to eliminate foods that cause damage, we reserve the right to charge an additional replacement fee.
- One or two sets of final retainers for our comprehensive (Phase II) patients is provided upon completion of treatment. There is a replacement fee for each additional retainer due to loss or neglect.
- Extra appointments/consultations at your request.
3. What doesn’t my investment include?
- Work performed at other dental offices outside our orthodontic practice.
- Missed/broken appointments, after hours emergency appointments, supplementary scan appointments, or extra appointments at your request.
- If an accident or injury occurs during treatment which results in TMJ (Temporo-Mandibular-Joint) complications, additional orthodontic treatment outside of the original contract, orthognatic surgery, etc, a fee adjustment may be required to complete treatment under unusual circumstances.